Please read “How to Read Like a Writer” by Mike Bunn and write a response to the questions below. I prefer it if you respond to this post directly, but if you choose you may create a new post.
Link to reading:
- What did you think of the piece? Did you like it? Or not? Why. Explain! (Don’t worry my feelings won’t be hurt! Be honest!)
- What tips or ideas did you learn about how to Read Like a Writer? How might you apply it (use it) when you read?
- Can you explain what you think the author means when he says, “When you read like a writer, you are trying to figure out how the text you are reading was constructed so that you learn how to ‘build’ one for yourself” (74). Be specific. Share a personal example, if possible.
- Let’s think about the “context” of this text. What is the author (Mike Bunn’s) purpose in writing this piece? Who is his intended audience?
- What is the genre of this text? Its okay if you don’t know! Just give it a shot! (essay, article, poem, etc.)
- What did you notice about HOW this text was written? Choose one observation!