Reflection: Vinegar Hill, Brooklyn, Downtown Brooklyn & Dumbo

When “Vinegar Hill” was first mentioned I honestly had no clue as to what or where. However after reading the article do I now know that “Vinegar Hill” and “Brooklyn Heights” are practically neighbors. Although this was my first time ever hearing about “Vinegar Hill”, I actually thought it was quite interesting for two reasons; the first being that it’s literally within walking distant from the college and the second being that “Vinegar Hill” was rather an affordable place to live back then. Vinegar hill just like in any other of the five boroughs has in more ways then one gone under huge mass construction.  Mass construction has forced modernization into neighborhoods therefore causing the price level of housing to increase. Brooklyn as well as the other 4 boroughs are very much diverse. However Brooklyn houses the most diverse; set of people. In all four boroughs mentioned modernization has greatly affected our neighborhoods in a positive as well as negative aspect. Through modernization jobs are created; however due to modernization we are in many ways forced to forget what once was and move on to something new.  In today society high rises are being built left and right and in the process it blocks our sunlight from shining through, could you imagine high rises in place of house; one word darkness.