Change is Inevitable

“Change is inevitable- except from a vending machine.” Robert C. Gallagher

I feel as though I have been going non-stop since before I went back to home. When I came back to Orlando, I was deployed to another resort, Caribbean Beach, as well as had to move to a new apartment (a month before finishing the program! –Why Disney WHY?!). I was fairly resistant to the changes when I initially heard about them (both in the same evening, and right before I left for NY!), but knew it was going to happen either way.

I had grown close to the team at Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground, and was sad to leave as I was not sure if it would be a temporary or permanent deployment, but made sure to say my goodbyes just in case. After three months, you are fair game, and since another gentleman and I were the most recent CPs, we were the first to be sent to take over shifts at Caribbean Beach. I had also gotten used to the spiel we gave the guests, at the resort, during check-in (at some point, I would feel my mouth moving without having to think about what I was actually saying). Being at Caribbean Beach Resort, this past week, was certainly a change from “The Fort.” Had to adjust, especially, on the first day with a new costume, team, protocol for banking out, and resort-specific greeting and information to relay to the guests. It was a good experience being at a different resort, and meeting new people.

When my housemates and I found out about our move, I thought I would end up getting another roommate, yet again (the first one quit her job after two weeks of the start of the program, and the current one has a later departure date). While it was a bit of a rough beginning for my current roommate and I, we ended up getting along and getting closer over time, so it was sad to think we would be parting ways. We found out on the day of the move that we would remain roommates until I finished my program, which was a pleasant surprise!

Suzanne Tran
Front Desk Cashier
Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to Change is Inevitable

1. Great quote.

Why would you be moved so close to the end of your contract?

Being deployed is actually beneficial to you and your development because you are not being trained in a new location and you can better evaluate what remains the same in various resorts and what changes. Make sure to keep a journal of the similarities and differences in your training.

2. Suzanne says:

I forgot to mention that it was because they wanted to renovate the building. I found out that there were people in the building who were able to stay because they would be leaving in two weeks time.

Was back at my home resort today, and it was great to see everyone again.

3. At least they kept you and your roommate together. Are they making major renovations?

Enjoy the reminder of your time with Disney.