Reflective Photo Journals #4

12179234_10153829563775466_1502206583_n

On March 12th 2015, I received an acceptance email from Disney College Program. i was more than thrilled but also couldn’t help but to think what it will be like to be a cast member of Walt Disney World. Fast forward to today, my prior expectation of becoming a cast member is different than my current experience. It is an honor to work at the “the happiest place  on earth” is because we as cast members are part of the magical aspects of Disney World.

Although work can be long and tiring, I also enjoy showing up to work making the guests happy. As a cast member I enjoy creating magical moments for the guest. From what I learned, knowing that you’ve made someone’s day better is the most rewarding ever. I know this from giving out magical moments on the stage. For example, whenever I notice a guest with a birthday badge on I asked them what they will like to order. I then proceed to give them their order and say “this is on Mickey’s tab and have a very happy birthday”. Their reaction is usually shocked and most of the time in awed.

It was about a week ago when I was on my to clock out from my shift, a manager quickly stopped me and asked me for a favor. I said yes right away and she told me that a guest broke her limited edition mug and she wants to replace it for the guest right away. The problem is Backlot Express is the only place in Hollywood Studios that sells them and it was closed. So we had to go in the storage room to grab a new mug and I had to walk across to another side of the park to deliver the mug to the guest. I didn’t want the guest to wait any longer so I walked as fast as I can. As soon as the guest saw me with a new mug. she almost got up from her wheelchair with excitement and thanked me. Her reaction was priceless and it definitely beats receiving a four keys card anytime. For those who don’t know what a four keys card is, it is a recognition of when you perform Safe, Courtesy, Show and Efficiency on your job.

After that day, I learned that always go the extra mile to make someone’s adventure in Walt Disney World unforgettable

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to Reflective Photo Journals #4

1. A truly magical moment you will always remember and will be useful to you as you develop into management positions.

I am curious about the photo you chose. How does it relate to the reflection you wrote?

2. A truly magical moment you will always remember and will be useful to you as you develop into management positions.

3. I choose this picture because it is part of what represents me as a cast member and as a cast member I have the responsibility to create magical experiences for the guest.