Journal#3

This week is my first individual working week. Through the whole week, my schedule starts on 2:30pm, and I should clean rooms in Villas side between 2:30-4:00pm. Most rooms in Villas have kitchen, it takes me at least one hour to clean everything. Although folding towels in different shapes is a easy part for housekeepers, I still spend time to learn and try to make bathroom and kitchen more tidier and beautiful. When I begin to clean a room by my own, I realize that it is easy to make a room very clean, but it is hard to clean a room in a limited time! At that point, the time management is very important and I should use it effectively.

While I was doing the turn down service, a guest came to me and asked me if I have an ice bag. Unfortunately, I carried towels, trash bags and recycle bags except ice bags. It might be not a big problem in this situation, but I still felt sorry to her and thought that I can’t say no to my guests. From this lesson, I learn that I never know what will happen next, and I should prepare everything when I make a magic during my service.

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Journal#3

1. This is a time of learning and transition and a time that you will remember as stressful. Everyday you will learn more about the demands of your position and the steps you need to take to ensure proper guest satisfaction in a timely and effective manner. You have the right attitude and that will take you far.