Weekly Reflective Journal #3

This has been my third week here as a WDWCP and my first week of actual work has started. Being a Disney Hollywood Studio’s Park Greeter is actually exactly what I imagined. Being a park greeter makes you feel like the face of the company in a way. We are the first ones to see the guests. Besides security, drivers and vacation planners. We are the ones who let them in the park.

To get into the park, Walt Disney World uses something called touch points. Where people will either scan a card or a magic band that is linked with their card (ticket). While being at the touch point, we greet people, make connections and conversations. We also assist the guest with an questions and concerns. For example, where is the closest bathroom or where is the closest fast pass kiosk.

Although, as I do like my role here at Walt Disney World, I would still prefer to work indoors at a resort. My biggest reason is because of my fear of high temperatures. The heat and me do not get a long at all. I heard that summers in Florida are quite brutal with the temperature and weather. I also have to wear long sleeves and long pants at all times because of my tattoos. That would be a future set back for me.

Screen Shot 2016-03-05 at 11.07.10 PM

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.