Journal Entry # 8

It was about time I went to a character breakfast since I been down here with Andrea. We went to ‘Ohana for the first time at the Polynesian Village Resort and is a beautiful resort. The breakfast for ‘Ohana was a fun experience because when you are there you are consider family so everyone was a cousins and not a guests. They bring the food out all at once which included pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausages, and waffles in a big bowl. Once you finish that, they can bring you more if you would like them too. The juice I had there was amazing it was a mixtures of guava, mango, and pineapple juices. Some of the character we met was Sitch, Lilo, Mickey, and Pluto. The experience was fun, but not as amazing as I would like it to be. I felt it was kind of rushed. We spent most of our time taking pictures with the characters and we did not have enough time to eat and enjoy the restaurant.

At work, we started to make Easter Baskets for display to celebrate Easter. I made one for display and it was fun to make one. We uses the shrink wrap to tie everything together. My favorite was by far using the shrink wrap and putting on a bow after when everything was done. This week was also the start of Spring Break and it was nice to see guests from up north enjoying the weather down here. We also had a lot of guests coming from Europe this week and it was interesting to hear all their different ascents.

This week was also my first time being in Animal Kingdom since I started my College Program. Animal Kingdom has become my favorite park; there is a lot to do and to see. I recently found out that Animal Kingdom is also the largest park out of all four parks. The first thing I did there was to become a Wilderness Explorers and earning my stickers. Then I had fast passes for Kilimanjaro Safaris, Expedition Everest, It’s Tough to be a Bug, and Kali River Rapids. The Kilimanjaro Safaris ride was fun but the day that we went there were not that many animals out. All I saw was giraffe and zebras. Following that, I went on Expedition Everest. At first I really did not wanted to go on because from down below it look really high and scary, but my friends told me that I have to do it. I ended up going on it and it was honestly one of the most scariest rides I have been on. Following that, we went to see It’s Tough to be a Bug and the show was quite different a bit scary since you don’t really know the effects. For example, towards the end of the show, there were ants and other bug crawling under your seats which felt so weird for me.

In the end, Animal Kingdom was so much fun and to end a great day we went and had dinner at the Rain Forest Café. Inside the Rain Forest Café, the first thing I notice was all the decoration they had inside the restaurant it absolutely fit in with Animal Kingdom. The food inside Rain Forest Café was really good and the portion was pretty big that I ended saving my dinner for lunch the next day. Week eight was definitely an amazing week for me and I still can not believe I have been here for two months already.

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.