Journal Entry #1

Coming into the Disney College Program I was excited and nervous. I was excited for a new life experience that was outside of my comfort zone but because it was something I had never done I was nervous. Living on my own, grocery shopping, cooking for myself constantly and living with people I did not know prior to moving in was all nerve wrecking. I was also nervous about having an apartment with bunk beds or sharing one bathroom with more than three people. On move in day I met three of my five roommates and I would say we got pretty lucky with a three bedroom, three bathroom apartment. 11025805_881194778586269_8683964264315580286_n10999897_881194721919608_7332062277323676744_n10378124_881205628585184_4307991871178070244_n

All of my roommates are laid back, understanding, open minded, fun, and adventurous. We have a lot of the same interests and dislikes. We decided to buy general items for the apartment and split the prices. Half of us work in the morning and the other half work at night so no one is ever by themselves.

My first week in Orlando was adventurous since we had a few of the same days off my roommates and I made a trip to Cocoa beach for a day.We ate at the Pelican’s Bar and Grill and unfortunately, we did not receive good service. The bartender was rude and unwilling to help. However, the manager apologized and offered us free drinks for the lack of service. My roommates and I also visited Epcot during our first week in Orlando.

I am happy to say that five weeks I have adjusted pretty well to every aspect that I was nervous about. Grocery shopping has become easier and I have also realized how expensive food is. I no longer take for granted the items that I purchase. I always check expiration dates and compare prices for the best deal. Cooking for myself is still a struggle because a lot of the time I come home exhausted from work and I just want to sleep.

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Journal Entry #1

1. I couldn’t agree with you more, food is expensive! I have been basically waste half of my paychecks every week now. Your so lucky about going to cocoa beach! I havent been to any beach yet ,not even the pool. I’m glad that you get along with your roomates also. best of luck! on your program.