Journal 1

It has been a week since I became a cast member and I must say it has already been a great experience. From being able to meet people from all over the United States and other parts of the world, I’ve become so much more open minded and willing to go beyond my comfort zone. I’ve also learned so much about The Walt Disney Company during traditions instructed by Adam and Deborah. They were so welcoming and happy which motivated me to make memorable moments for every guest I encounter.

Unlike many of my fellow cast members, I am living off site. It was very challenging to find a stable, safe and convenient location to live but luckily I found a home. Living independently has been a challenge, it opened my eyes to adulthood. I now know how hard it is to start a life, it’s lots of responsibility to take but it definitely made me appreciate everything I have.

I am so exciting to continue learning how to make a guest’s stay magical and learn more tools to use as a front desk cashier in order to succeed in this role. This experience is what I’ve been waiting for to expand my knowledge in hospitality, and it’s fortunate to be able to gain this experience from such a wonderful company as Disney. It will be a pleasure to create magical moments in return of a smile.

Alexandra

This entry was posted in Assignments, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Journal 1

1. Andrea Chan says:

Dear Alexandra,

I can definitely relate to you when you said that living independently has been a challenge. It was hard for me at first to get into buying my own groceries, budgeting and cooking. There has definitely been a lot of trial and errors. Hopefully we can catch up outside of work and school! I would love to hear about your experiences living outside of these complexes.

2. Alexandra says:

Hello Andrea!

It has definately been a struggle to be on our own however, it’s reassuring to know that people believe in you. As time progress we will get better and being independent will no longer be frightening. Hope we can catch up soon, best of luck on your role, take care and be well.

Warm Regards,
    Alexandra