Weekly Reflective Journal #15

I am truly sad that both of my Disney classes have ended and that I have approximately two weeks left until the program finishes. The days when both of my Disney classes have ended, it was my first time feeling sadness and that both of my Disney professors have truly been inspirational in teaching me how to open up in the world. I would definitely keep in touch with my experiential learning professor because I feel like I have more of a connectivity with her than my other one. I really do hope that I one day reach to the top of ladder and find my true passion in life.

On the other hand, I still haven’t done any Christmas shopping yet even though its very close to Christmas. This week I will be working six days straight with only one day off. This is definitely going to be a hard week for me. I will have to be strong about it and try to pull it through.

I also forgot to mention that a few days ago I did a networking event and met with some really cool Disney leaders. As of always I wasn’t sure exactly how to network because I always thought you have to be totally professional 24/7 when trying to network. However, I come to the conclusion that networking is probably like trying to make friends. I am not sure if it is okay to make friends casually but I eventually got one leaders e-mail. His name is Boris Rhodes and he is a guest service manager. I don’t remember where but I remembered that he use to be a concierge at the Grand Floridian. Just thinking about his remarkable journey to where he is now inspired me to want to get in contact with him. I also told him that my interviewing skills aren’t on point and that I have a lot to catch up on with how I communicate. He gladly gave me his e-mail and told me that he will help set up a mock interview with me so I can be better prepared for the real world. I am totally excited!

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.