Weekly Reflective Journal #11

A few weeks ago, I forgot to mention that I scored 100% on my rooms when the QA inspectors came to check. QA’s are special inspectors who check rooms possibly every week or so. On that day my manager gave me a heads up that the QA’s will be coming today. Because of the heads up, I literally took 2 hours on one check out room. I was so nervous because I wanted to do a super good job. I cleaned the room as if it was a general clean and cleaned everything from ceilings to little spots on the floor.

Finally when the QA’s came, they greeted me with rudeness. The QA inspector was a guy who snatched my board and in shock only saw me clean just one room. He questioned me why and said that this wasn’t the room he is interested in checking. In fact, he wanted to check the room that had a king size bed with a sauna shower.

Of course, I was only half way done cleaning. But I was so angry at how the QA’s were so rude and not so understanding. If they are working for the Disney company, they should be showing a positive attitude and not a stinky one. If I were to be a leader for housekeeping, I would definitely never try to be a manager where I control and demand people. Instead, I want to be encouraging and influential because I know that housekeeping is no joke to do.

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.