Weekly Reflective Journal 4

This week for my Experiential Learning class we got to go to Epcot, instead of being in a classroom setting which was pretty awesome. Not many people can say that for their class they went to one of the Walt Disney World theme parks. We were there to focus on learning through entertainment. So we had a worksheet with questions to answer and to answer them we had to get on 3 different rides from 3 different categories.  It was nice experience different rides I’ve haven’t had the time to.

This week at work has been going well. I’m picking things up quickly. It’s been busy at All- Star resorts, we have been at 100% occupancy since I’ve started so I’ve haven’t worked a slow day. Since it has been so busy I’ve become way quicker at checking guest in, but I also get no days off. I work 5 days a week, 40 hours and sometimes more and the other 2 days I have classes and in between I have homework. Instead of really enjoying the program on any other time I have free, all I want to do is sleep.

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to Weekly Reflective Journal 4

1. Kaity says:

I understand how you feel about wanting to go to sleep! Most of the cast members are workingto their deaths! But that experiential learning class at Epcot was definitely interesting. I went to Canada, Captain EO featuring Michael Jackson and Nemo with Friends. I really wasn’t so focused on the worksheet though because I was busy feeling distracted on how entertaining each attractions were.

2. It was so much fun and very interesting how the class was set that day. We received a worksheet trying to know if it was educational and/or experimental. It was a great experience because people learn differently. I enjoy learning differently and thinking out the box. People would not know how to learn different learning styles , if they are not exposed to unique activities like we did this day.

3. Carol.Pelaez says:

This trip sounds similar to my interactive learning class. We mostly went to explore and learn the parks. I took as much advantage as I can on these class trips because as a first timer to Disney I sure learned so much.

Yes 100% occupancy at All-Star resort is very busy. I’m in the night housekeeping department and there was nights where we were extremely busy with calls back to back and working 40 plus hours that on my time off I just want to sleep and rest. But we all know sometimes we have a million things to do that we can’t but that still shouldn’t let us stop from playing at the parks and rest.