Weekly Reflective Journal 6

This week was a very slow week at the Wilderness Lodge so we were assigned less rooms on our boards. Though some days it still takes a long time to finish the rooms because of some really messy rooms, it was still better than days where there is a ton of checkouts. I was also told that within the next couple of weeks I will be placed into training for housemen, base, fly squad and runner. I’m a little excited because now I can explore the other roles of housekeeping and gain some more experience in a hotel business.

This week we also got a chance to attend a workshop where our guest speaker was Jose Mola who’s the general manager of the Wilderness Lodge. He was talking about authentic leadership and it was a great opportunity for everyone who attended to hear the perspective of our general manager. It was very interesting to me because I have never heard someone use the term “authentic leadership”. Though the workshop was only an hour, I felt that I learned a little more about how things run in the management side of the Wilderness Lodge.

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.