Read and React 1

Disney’s Tradition sets a very important role in helping to keep the company maintain their high recognition as being the most friendliest and most hospitable environment that you will ever encounter. When I attended Disney’s Tradition, their main focus was the four keys; they are safety, courtesy, show and efficiency. Why Disney emphasizes strictly on these four keys is because there four keys is what makes the guest come back for more especially on safety. Not only did they show us some videos, we were also involved in an interactive tour around magic kingdom that solely focuses on the four keys.

From reading the article, I really agree that HVS did the right thing in not just going through a boring talk of their own companies tradition, they also trained new hires by giving them a tour around the hotel and even praising the new hires. I feel that Disney excelled in these standards because this gave me new hopes and positive expectations to come.

I feel that what benefited me most from the four keys would be safety. Disney puts a huge focus on “safety begins with me”. Safety is definitely benefited me on my part because if I were to be injured or hurt from housekeeping, it would be disastrous. Disney even showed videos on how to properly bend and hold items without getting yourself injured.

In order to have  a happy work environment, “safety begins with me” is always the number one top priority on my list because without safety, plenty of workers wouldn’t enjoy themselves at work and may even quit.

This entry was posted in Read and React 1. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Read and React 1

1. Safety does begin with you and I am happy that they consider safety one of the key functions of EVERY cast member. Starting with Traditions it is vital to evaluate the impact safety makes in your day to day operation.

Now that you are some time away from Traditions do you believe that Traditions prepared you to be a Cast Member who can execute your role in a safe manner? Does theory translate into practice?

2. Keriann says:

Although it’s not very surprising, I’m relieved to find that Disney places so much importance upon the safety of their staff. I find that when you’re focusing all of your attention on the happiness and satisfaction of a guest, it’s only too easy to forget about your own well-being. You’re correct in thinking that the satisfaction of guests is also reliant on your own safety!

What do you think are some other ways you can practice safety outside of properly carrying heavy items and being careful of chemicals? One way that comes to mind is getting enough sleep! Juggling school and work can be difficult and lack of sleep may come into play but being well-rested is vital for your own health and so that you can be at your best when working.