Journal # 15

I had a great week. Especially because not many CP In the housekeeping role get to do training besides our given role. All week I was  shadowing in different areas of the hotel. The first one I experience was the lost and found office. If you think a merchandise store has alot of items you have not seen of can imagine the things our guest leave in the hotel. Even though we have three themes with ten buildings each on property we only have one lost and found. it gets very tricky but luckily there is a system that allows us to find anything that has been found. It take the honesty of our fellow cast members to have 100 percent returns, but sometimes guest forget it all together and we leave it for ninety days on property after that the housekeepers have a few days to claim it. If the item is not claim  we give it to charity or resale to the cast members. The second operation training was rooms ready. This is the back office where magic is really done. I shadowed  the housekeeping coordinator. she is in charge of making sure the rooms that need to be ready for an incoming guest is ready. She tracks the housekeepers and lets the front desk know when the rooms are available for check in. The next training I received was a s a house person and what a day was. A house person is in charge of the overall appearance of the hotel. we also go around during the day collecting the dirty linen and garbage the housekeepers Cary from the rooms.On Friday i got to shadow my process manager and boy was it crazy.He is in charge of processing all the request of all star sports. He makes sure that we are fully staffed for the week and that scheduled are correct. I only received a glimpse of his job because he took two of us CP along with our executive housekeeper on a tour of one of the world largest privately owned textile factories. Imagine processing millions of pounds of  sheets, pillowcases, bath towels, hand cloths, wash cloths, bathmats, and whatever else happens to get by in one day.This is only one, there are two more on property i was amazed but the size and actual work they do. I next shadow maximo. Maximo is the system where we report any damage or request with maintenance for the rooms. it can be a broken refrigerator to a water leak. My last training section was shadowing my manager Jeannette. It was a great eye opener. It takes so much to be in such a position not just knowledge of work but also people skills. It takes alot to have to call someone back   because there job was unacceptable. I learned so much and received an inside view of the different type of work in the hotel.

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Journal # 15

1. My goodness you had a busy week of training and engaging in the operations that support all of housekeeping. Housekeeping is most definitely a complex department and you training proves just how many moving parts happen at one time. Learning how to be a housekeeper is difficult and the work challenging but as you transition from the front line to supervisor, manager and executive the work remains challenging yet changes dramatically. I am happy you had these opportunities.