Read and React #2 Unusual Situations & Safety

As it is discussed in the Barbara Higgins’ article; keeping guests and employees safe it one the priories for any hotelier. At those moments is when leaders have to address the most crucial decisions in order to recover. As she refers “No one in the hospitality business wants to lose control of the guest experience at any time.” When unusual situations like this happens the best thing to do is to address the problem in a particular way where everybody stay always safe. That is why our leaders and managers are trained based on situational leadership, not just to deal with the cast members issues, but also to accomplish any situation at any particular matter.

During my week of training at Pop Century Resort, we when throughout a lot of situational events or emergency that might occur at work, but we never talk about natural disasters issues. Although, Safety is a priority here at Walt Disney World, for our guests and for us as cast members, I am sure that it might be a plan in cases of natural disasters, which might explain what to do in situation like this. Unfortunately, natural disaster can occur at any time. At any place, but Florida because of its location is might be more tempt for hurricanes. Therefore, it is essential for any leader, manager, or executive hotelier to have a master plan in order to prevent damages to the property, but the most important to protect our guests. Pop Century Resort in this case I think can be a safe place for hurricanes. It one of the largest resorts with 2880 rooms that can be use in case of emergencies to keep guests from other Disney’s resorts that might not be as safe as this one.

This entry was posted in Read and React 2. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Read and React #2 Unusual Situations & Safety

1. Have you spoken with any of your leaders that might have experienced an emergency? What special training have your managers completed that line members do not?

2. Dear, Prof. Goodlad

I did speak with one of the managers about the topic. He was really heplful giving me details on how they work together as a team in this unusual situations. Basically, they do recieved a special training where they learn how to evacuate the buildings and keep the guests in a safe place. In my work location for example, they will keep the guests in their room until the bad weather passed. However, the give them supplements meals and cover other amenities that are delivered to their own room, which make the experience of our guests less stressful, but the most important thing is to keep them safe and inform of everything all the time.