Reflective Journal#9

I felt really exhausted after a whole week that I worked until 2:30 AM.  Even though I only worked four days this week, changing normal sleeping schedule caused me to not sleep well.  But I knew life is always not easy.  Time goes really fast.  I have been working here for two months. I was so excited for my first-day training; the duty was to clean the room by myself, including a whole board.  And I thought I couldn’t finish my 16 rooms in 8 hours at the beginning.  It was really stressful because you had to rush.  But I did what I supported to do so successfully so far.  And then when I thought I couldn’t be a runner since I got lost most of the time in resorts.  But I did finish my job everyday with very few issues.  Every day was a challenge to me because I didn’t know what guests I was going to face everyday.  However, this was good since I could learn different situations from different guests.  I hope I could get a chance to train in base and other departments before the end of my internship.  I am glad that I worked in resorts, so that I can gain experience from working in a hotel.  It’s beneficial to look for another internship at New York hotels after this program.

My classes were pretty good.  I learned a lot about the history of Disney from Corporate Analysis class.  That class was really fun, and we would have the filed trip to Magic kingdom in couple weeks.  I was so excited for that.  Moreover, I learned many things from Human Resource class, such as the hiring process.  It was really helpful because we learned about the process of a company, the rules and the rights for employees.  I hope I would use that information someday in my job.

Huihong He

Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resort

Housekeeping

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Reflective Journal#9

1. You chose two valuable classes. HR provides the appropriate foundation for the Legal Environment class back here at City Tech and the Analysis class will be very focused on culture which will benefit you in our ever increasingly diverse workplace. I hope the field trip to the Magic Kingdom was everything you expected it to be and more. What did you learn on the field trip? What value did it provide to your experience?