Lasting Impressions

I recently received a few Guest Service Fanatic cards, and was recognized by management. I was grabbing an online check-in folder for a guest when management ambushed me with a song, and presented me with a certificate, which included comments, verbatim, from past guests.

It was quite a start my day, and was, certainly, a motivator to keep delivering quality guest service. I greatly appreciated my managers taking time out of their day to do that as it happened during one of our busiest days of the year. It showed that they noticed and valued their cast members, and were willing to be silly while doing it. As I think back on the past few months, I would recall how they would continuously support their cast members by jumping on the desk/the frontlines, displaying real leadership.

It was wonderful to have the guests take time out of their vacation to inform my leaders of our interactions—you never know who you impact. I have come across countless families since February, and many were memorable for a host of reasons. Rarely, would I see them again before they leave, and I would wonder how they enjoyed their first visit to Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground and/or to Walt Disney World—what memories will stay with them?

Suzanne Tran
Front Desk Cashier
Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Lasting Impressions

1. NicoleW says:

Congratulations! It is a really nice feeling to receive a Guest Service Fanatic Card. I think as a castmember sometimes we do not realize how much we really do impact our guests to us it is simply just a part of the job.

2. jbeverett says:

I love when I recieve a GSF. It put such a great feeling of satisfaction and more inside of me. I feel that the work that i do is actually worth something. Congrats on getting yours because im pretty sure you really deserve it and many more to come. I feel that when you get a GSF from management, the people who know what your suppose to be doing and how your suppose to be doing it, then you know that your working hard.

Jennifer Everett
    Merchandise/Food& Bevereage
    Goofy’s Candy Company