reflective journal #14

Today is officially my last day off until the end of my term.  Four months have passed by so fast.  I see all these people standing in front of the bus stop dressed up ready for traditions, and I remember like it was just yesterday that, that was me.  The Disney internship has really showed me a lot about my self, and about my future in hospitality management.  During these four months, i have really connected to my job as well as my co-workers and managers.  Hopefully this would open up a great line of networking for me in my near future.  After working here at Disney and dealing with thousands of guests a day, I feel like I will be successful anywhere I go.  I have worked in food and beverage as a host and a server, and i am currently working as a general teller, so I feel like I have a general idea of whats its like to run a restaurant, from the serving to the management work and controlling the funds.  Thanks to Disney I feel very comfortable now entering a line of work within my field with the hours of work and the stress.

Steven Kushmakov

Caribbean Beach Resort

General Teller food and beverage

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to reflective journal #14

1. Fiona says:

Congratulations Steven!!
    When I was waiting for the bus, I also saw a lot of new CPs, and it reminded me of the very first day when I first came for traditions. I can’t believe time passed by so quickly already, it’s already been quite a long time since we’ve stayed here at Disney. I also can’t deny the strong affect coming down to FL had on me, so I’m sure it had affected you too, making you a more knowledgeable person towards the industry. Now, you stand out from majority of the other people applying for jobs within the industry!
    Fiona
    Caribbean Beach Resort
    Housekeeper

2. momo7991 says:

Way to go Steven !!
    All I’m seeing is new CPs and their so excited. I remember that feeling when i first started and now its all over. I have learned so much , now it’s time to take what we have learned and put it to some good use. Fiona is right, we do stand out from others who are applying for jobs within our industry and we should take full advantage of it.

Monique Soden
    Animal Kingdom
    Stroller Rental