read and React 4. Keeping the Magic

Working in food and beverage  in the Caribbean Beach Resort, I always get the same questions asked all the time.  “How does the dinning plan work”, “what counts as a snack”, what comes with my meal”.  On a daily basis I get asked these questions at least once every  hour.  The funny thing is that I don’t mind answering these questions because I enjoy explaining to them what exactly they get and how everything works.  I like to see the astonishing look on there face after they understand everything, because it makes their    vacation so much better, with them knowing what they are doing.

I have watched my fair share of full time employees and the way they react with customers, and I feel that they don’t have any passion of working here.  I think this is because, for them this is just a regular job and in Florida Disney doesn’t really mean anything on a resume, because they have so many parks here were the same job could be applied.  Its not that they are bad workers, its just they don’t have the enthusiasm to work here.

Disney does do a lot to keep the magic within the company with their employees.  We have employee work anniversaries that are celebrated, birthday parties, amazing cast discounts on things that are only available for cast members.  There are also a lot of activities on the hub that cast members could attend too and win tickets to special concerts and events.  The best and most valuable benefit are the main gate passes that allow us to bring guests into the park.  Disney does this for their cast members because they assume that if they give us all these extra benefits we will be more motivated to stay with the company.

This entry was posted in Read and React 4. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to read and React 4. Keeping the Magic

1. Mei Lin says:

Hey Steve, if you don’t mind lending me a hand, could you please tell me how you found the article? I’m having trouble finding the react and react 4 article. I tried searching the city tech database but nothing came up. Professor Goodlad said she found it in two minutes but its not coming up for me. I must be doing something incorrect. If you can lead me to the article I would greatly appreciate it. If you can please contact me through text or call at 917-690-2191. Thank you.