Promotion to General Teller

I have Finally been promoted at my job in food and beverage at Caribbean Beach Resort, to a General Teller.Ā  The job is a big step from serving at a food court, becauseĀ I had to go through three days of training and am responsible for almost all theĀ money that comes through to the food court, as well as merchandise, pool bar, the Trading Post, room service, and the table service restaurant.Ā  TheĀ job is really hard and frustrating at times, because there is a lot of paper work to be done as well as being able to multitask whenĀ closing time comes, because all the shops come into your office at the same time and you need to be jumping from computer to computer figuring out store revenues and EDS’s.Ā  I really do enjoy doing thisĀ job especially after knowing that college program interns don’tĀ ever get the GT positions.Ā Ā This position will really help me in the future becauseĀ I could apply itĀ to many things, and its something extraĀ I could add on my resume.

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to Promotion to General Teller

1. Mei Lin says:

Congratulations! I know a few friends that also got General Teller working in food and beverage and they are also very excited but nervous at the same time. It is quite a big accomplishment in such a short time. I wish attractions had promotional opportunities such as those in food and beverage but definitely take advantage of this chance given to you. Good Luck!

2. Suzanne says:

Congrats! That’s incredible that you were able to be promoted in just 3 moths. Given your experience thus far, do you think you’ll want to stay at Disney for the long-term?

3. stevek says:

I am not sure if I want to extend my program. I am actually still thinking about it and trying to see whats the best option for me now. I do appriciate the promotion and all, but i wouldnt want to miss a semester of school. I guess i still have some thinking to do of what I want