GSR By making some MAGIC :)

Guest service recovery is a big part in every cast member’s role. Whether it is through giving a guest credit at a resort, some fast passes at the parks, or a complimentary meal at the restaurants, we all have witnessed some form of guest service recovery.

I was fortunate enough to participate in an extra magical GSR one night. There was a family staying at my resort, The Boardwalk, and they had been having somewhat of a bad time, experiencing several problems. They were not great problems but it was a little problem one after another kind of like a snowball effect, enough where the guests were having an unpleasant time on their vacation. It was a family of four: two little girls, Molly and Lucy and their parents. After having expressed their issues to one of my Leaders, they had also expressed how this vacation was all about their girls and how this was their first time at Disney and they truly wanted it to be a magical one.  My manager came to me and asked me to help set up something special for the girls and explained what had been going on and what she wanted to do. After listening to everything I had recognized the guests because I had checked them in and had great guest interaction with them so I was extremely happy to create magic for these two adorable girls. What I got to do was go to the gift shop and purchase a toy each for the girls, each a Minnie Mouse plush doll and also coloring books and markers. I then got to “sneak” into their room while they were not there and set up the gifts with a whole bunch of balloons and a note for each of the girls.

I can only imagine how happy those two little girls were when they got back to their room full of goodies. I do know though how appreciative their father was when he came to me and thanked me an endless amount of times. It made me so happy to do this kind of thing and makes me remember part of what Disney is about. The special memories we make for guests and the way we do things truly creates magic in so many ways.

Nicole

Front Desk Cashier

Boardwalk Resort

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to GSR By making some MAGIC :)

1. hsrtyuksel says:

Aren’t they glad you knew about their bad experience they were having. This is a beautiful example of going beyond and above. And making someone else smile and happy gives you the fullest joy ever. Makes you feel better inside and happy throughout the whole time. You know they had a magical time here in Disney. And it all began with you!

Hasret Yuksel
    Housekeeping
    Port Orleans Riverside

2. Fiona says:

I couldn’t help but smile after reading this. It is really sweet what you did for the girls and I’m sure they were very happy and surprised to see the plush dolls and balloons too! It’s a good thing they had a bad experience, otherwise, they wouldn’t be able to experience something this special from Disney. That’s why I really like GSR. It helps us take the bad and make something even better out of it.

Fiona
    Housekeeper
    Caribbean Beach Resort