Read and React 4

Keeping morals and energy up can get quite difficult to maintain. Due to the reason of hearing the same questions over and over, having the same answer over and over. Also the routine that is done at work can get boring. In my case as an housekeeper I can’t ever get bored because I am always busy. In fact so busy that I get worried that I may not even finish on time. I do not really have the chance to have a guest interaction the closest I get is writing and recieving notes. Such as “May you please leave extra shampoo and lotion.”

Special touches, how it adds the magic in one’s room. There was this one time where I made two dogs out of towels for a room that left me tip. Not only did I made the special touch but I left them a note saying thank you and to have a magical time here in WDW. I tried to make the idea that the dogs were bringing the message to them rather than just placing it on the table.

Keeping the full timers motivated can be tough. The housekeeping department every Friday sings the birthday song to whom ever birthday it is, gives away gifts to those who has made their 5th, 10th, 15th + years with the company. They also have raffles and gestures such as giving a day in the new royal rooms. They also have small gifts to those who are recognized or work real hard. Overall, magic is created everyday to us and we create magic to others.

Hasret Yuksel

Port Orleans Riverside

Housekeeping

About hsrtyuksel

I always knew I was a people's person. Always enjoyed spending time, talking to people and learn many new and interesting things from them. Basically, learning and providing them what I know.
This entry was posted in Read and React 4. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Read and React 4

1. Housekeeping is a difficult job and keeping the housekeeping team motivated is difficult. Housekeeping Directors know that recognition of birthdays and anniversaries is effective. How do the practices of your department relate to those mentioned in the article?

2. hsrtyuksel says:

The full time housekeepers have been with the company for massive amount of years. As stated in the article it usually falls under theme two. Having the financial need to work. Realistically speaking yes it is hard, as stated in the article and when there are many tasks to be completed in a matter of time and that must be tidy it does get difficult. “That’s when they start thinking this is
    a hard job. They’ve got to know about cleaning and the other stuff.” (pg 67) Perfect line for a housekeeper. But at the end when they get recognized for it all the hard work is paid off which makes the person feel better.

Hasret Yuksel
    Housekeeping
    Port Orleans Riverside