Reflective Journal #7

Well, I am happy I am where I am now. The past few weeks, I’ve been feeling extremely depressed and homesick. I felt like guests were too hard for me to handle, managers don’t understand me, my job is awful, all those bad things. So I admit, I did slack off at work because of my emotional feelings but after a guest had complained to the front desk and had to receive a compensation, and also resulting in a “coaching” on my record card, I finally realized, I’m already this far. It’s not right for me to ruin other people’s vacation just because of my own problems. I feel bad I realized it too late, but I’m doing my very best to make up for it now because for some people, this could be their first experience or a very important occasion, and I have no right to ruin it.

I took more care of my guests and paid more attention to them. I am in a section with a lot of VIPs. I currently have 3 VIPs staying in my section, a big family from Minnesota. Whenever I see them, I would take extra time to talk to them and understand them more. I know in one of the room my VIP is staying in, is celebrating their 50th Anniversary here. As soon as I found out, I started leaving them love quotes I can find online (also giving credit of course!) to them, along with different kinds of towel shapes I can make to the best of my ability because I was only taught on how to make Nemo. I would make two hearts in one day, and then another day with the big numbers: 50. Another VIP room, they left me generous amount of tips, so I left thank you notes and wished them a safe trip back home because I am off duty when they check-out. They came over to me and thank me personally. It made me so happy! I’m also researching on how to make other various towel animals for my future guests to enhance their stay. I’m also planning on leaving notes for my guests to see what else can I do to help make their stay more enjoyable here because I really do care.

I just hope my managers will take notice of my change of feelings and see that I’m doing my best to improve my work performance also.

Housekeeper
Caribbean Beach Resort

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Reflective Journal #7

1. hsrtyuksel says:

Fiona, I’m glad you are getting back on track at this moment. Because you have came half way and would not want you to let it drain down the sick for no reason. All the jests you are doing for your guests are extremely cute and sincere.

I am sure your managers will take notice. Because I also am a housekeeper and I truly understand what you are going through. I know how tough those days can get and very overwhelming. For example, yesterday I bout three extra rooms and this news went to the head manager within minutes because he came to one of my rooms and told me about it. One day my trainer told me how my leader told her that I was doing a good job. So, what I am trying to say is they all talk to each other. And guests leave comment cards and I am sure they have mentioned your name. Other than that they watch and just by the way you say good morning to them I am pretty sure they will know you are feeling better. And back on your game.

Keep up the good work and make sure you motivate yourself. Do not stress as much either. Because after all this is a heads up to your future and it is a great experience.

Housekeeping
    Port Orleans Riverside