I believe these manifestos took place during World War I and also the roaring 20s. These events influence these authors beliefs by making them to be the forefront of 

Change in their own way and be in control of the narrative. Not the narrative of the world but the narrative of their lives and how they could leave an impact on the world. I believe in creating the most beautiful art through the bad, the ugly and the struggle. 7What I got from reading the manifestos is vulnerability, compassion and resiliency. I saw a sense of will and thrill. The concepts of authorship/ownership were displayed in the manifestos by showing to take lead of the constructivist movement  and creating without boundaries. Owning the emotions and struggles each of them was going through. “We processed the human being. We organized technology. We discovered propagate, clean out, merge. Previously-Engineers relaxed with art. Now-Artists relax with engineers.” Therefore, the texts in who we are I feel bring more universal communication than the manifesto of futurism. The manifesto of futurism to me is more problematic because emotion tends to gear more towards machinery, capitalism, war, and violence more than the human being. “No work without an aggressive attack character can be a masterpiece.” I strongly feel that is false.

The communication process has changed since the early 20th century specifically with regard to technology by having technology running most things in the world. Most things are digitized which brought forth communication design; solving a visual com inaction problem. Even though technology has helped art advance, we as designers still have the power to tell the software and application what to do.