Communication Design Theory Spring 2023

active 2 days, 1 hour ago
Communication Design Theory Spring 2023
Communication Design
COMD3504
Spring 2023

An in-depth introduction to communication design theory, this course examines theoretical perspectives of design practice within the larger discourse of design and visual culture.

Communication models, the nature of representation, the dimensions of context, and semiotics are explored through critical readings in key documents from the early decades of the twentieth century to the present.

Acknowledgements

This course was created by: Jenna Spevack

View the course(s) that this course is based on.

Discussion: Introductions

Add a comment to this post introducing yourself to the class. You could include your academic […] See MoreDiscussion: Introductions

COMD Theory Playlist

Please add suggestions for the COMD Theory Playlist in the […] See MoreCOMD Theory Playlist

Your Learning Plan

Respond to the questions below and define a Learning Plan based on the course learning objectives […] See MoreYour Learning Plan

Comment on "Discussion: Introductions"

Hello class! My name is Omar Sandy-Bourne and I am a Junior in City Tech. I chose this major […] See MoreComment on "Discussion: Introductions"

Comment on "Discussion: Introductions"

Hey! Im Daniel Greene and Im a lower Senior. My major is Communication design and my niches are […] See MoreComment on "Discussion: Introductions"

Comment on "Discussion: Introductions"

Hi! My name is Berta Umana. Have you ever heard of the homework excuse "my dog ate my […] See MoreComment on "Discussion: Introductions"