Welcome to The OpenLab for Students! This site is here to help you use City Tech’s OpenLab, an open online community built by and for City Tech’s students, faculty and staff. Because the OpenLab is a community space, you’ll find thousands of students working alongside you and hundreds of faculty and staff who want to help you to succeed.
QUICKSTART GUIDE FOR STUDENTS
FINDING AND JOINING YOUR OPENLAB COURSE
- Check your City Tech email. If your professor uses the OpenLab for teaching, they will have shared a link to their OpenLab Course via email or Blackboard Announcement.
- Join the OpenLab and Login. If you don’t yet have an OpenLab Account, follow the Get Started steps and return to this guide.
- Join your OpenLab Course. Click on the link your professor shared, navigate to the Course Profile, and click on the “Join Now” or “Request Membership” button. If you see a “Leave Course” button, that means your professor has already added you to the course. You’re all set!
- Visit the Course Site. If your professor has set up a Course Site, click on “Visit Course Site >” in the upper right sidebar on the Course Profile.
- Favorite Your Course. Once you have joined the course or your membership has been approved by your professor, click on the “Favorite” button on the Course Profile. Then locate your saved Favorites (bookmark icon in the navigation bar) and access your courses from anywhere on the OpenLab.
- My OpenLab > My Courses. You can also find the courses you’ve joined under My Courses found on your My OpenLab page.
- Questions? Visit Help! or check out the Learning with the OpenLab tutorial to learn more!