overlapping with F21 & R&M

Overlapping is seen all over the world. When people see the term “Overlapping” they might think it relates only to extending over or partially covering an area. In this sense overlapping is being related to an and area that share similar responsibilities but have a variety of different ways to interact with the surroundings by seeing and doing things in a different perspective. For example; raymour and flanigan and forever 21 is (2) separate stores that share an entrance to the building and many overlaps can be seen, in terms of demographics.
The area that I chose is located on 490 fulton street. Even though there are two different stores they share the initial entrance and then part ways. When you enter the first door, some individuals take the escalator going downwards to the preferred store and others take the steps coming upwards. People of many different age groups enter these stores on a daily basis. Teenagers and younger people tend to visit forever 21 regularly, while older folks shop in raymour and flanigan. Approaching forever 21 can be a bit more crowded and loud rather than going towards raymour and flanigan.
As I turn the block to Fulton street heading home, the forever 21 writing on the building caught my eye. I couldn’t resist walking pass so I approached the doors. I now notice the sign saying raymour and flanigan.-Why are we here?.. “turn left to enter forever 21” , the sign says. The elder lady decides to take the escalator to the “old folks stores” while I head down the store that helps me to stay “forever young”. I see all different types of people in here. Some have Afros, curls, straight hair. Most of the hoppers are feelings but certainly not all. I rarely see the old folks in here, maybe this ain’t their thing. Most of the rich older folks might be buying new furniture’s and housing supplies, while people like me on the other hand, come only have a few dollars to buy a new cute outfit I need for the next day.
The overlapping is seen throughout the store. For example the different age groups of people,the amount of money they might have even though that’s visible, or simply the way in which they enter their location, by steps or by the escalator. Its still seen as overlapping because its something being done by different groups of people or individuals in a shared space.