The Beauty of My Route

In New York what people usually tend to look for outside is how clean the area is and what are the special qualities that stick out that make that place so unique. In most cases people like to see a beautiful view. So people, like tourists tend to go to the main sites that are popular because of there nice views. People tend to see a beautiful view as a land of water, even a land of nature, or even can be building that can be concerned  a beautiful view. As well it can be where a sun rise is that can be concerned a beautiful view. Most place can have certain designs that are diverse where with that change makes it beautiful and one of a kind. What makes places so beautiful is that no place is designed or built the same exact way. Every place is unique in there own way and for that can make a place or even route beautiful.

The route that I took was a great walk. I got out of the Borough Hall train station where the 4,5,2,and R are at. Once I got out of the train station I made a left and headed towards the back of the court house. Then proceed towards Columbus Park where I then passed a beautiful fountain. Most mornings there’s a market that start at eight am to then end at two pm or even later then that. The market usually  has health vegetables and fruits. As well it’s an opportunity for makers to get there product out there for people to buy. The busiest time is at eight in the morning just for the fact that people are eager to what they need first hand while it’s fresh.  As most mornings that I do pass it I continue to walk through the market to the middle of the park. Where I notice that the seats are lined up in a straight line and something that really stand out is the fact that you are able to see the  Manhattan bridge.  As you continue walking you will then pass the Columbus Statue. Once you pass the Columbus Statue you then make a right where you  will then continue walking straight to the college.

The route I took was based on beauty and how everything is put together. The fact that once you walk this route and actually have the time to observe it. It does show the qualities of why it’s so beautiful.  Not only is the view beautiful but it can help people start off on a right track. Where the article “Why Is Morning Walk Necessary in Today’s Life Style?” it states “They should walk in fresh and pollution free air in the morning. It is not only good for fighting against acidity and digestion problems, but also provides Vitamin D.”  This tells that morning walks can help a person. So since I I take this route in the morning it means that I’m getting that fresh air every morning. As well the route I take is early in the morning and in the early afternoon. So know matter what I still get to see the fountain, the market still going on, the statue and the bridge. Compared to the night where it’s not the same. The fountain isn’t on, the market is already gone, you can barely see the statue but the back of the court house lights up and the bridge is light up which makes it still beautiful. Not as beautiful in the morning but the night and morning have there own beautiful qualities.

Beauty can bring many things such as happiness. Just by taking this route every day brings a smile to my face. The reason why it puts a smile on my face is because the way everything is put together and structured. Depending on what people like a certain place or route can make them happy because of how beautiful it is. For an example when it’s a sunny day and somebody is walking the first thing the see is flowers. Just by seeing flowers can make the happy and look around there surrounding to see all the beautiful flowers in the area. In the article “The Beauty-Happiness Connection” it states “Beauty tends to feel like something that must be found in special places—parks and museums, galleries and exotic cities… But finding beauty in normal activities can bring deep happiness to life”. What this means that beauty brings out a good thing in people’s lives. With what ever it is that makes that person happy it is because of the beauty that they have seen in during their morning walk or even just a place that they feel comfortable with. Another piece that shows how places can make somebody happy from beauty is from the same article that states “But the next three types of moments where people recorded the highest levels of happiness were all related to beauty: when at the theater, ballet, or a concert; at a museum or an art exhibit; and while doing an artistic activity (e.g. painting, fiction writing, sewing). Even sexually intimate moments could be argued to be rooted in beauty”. Which can bring back to my route on how with all the trees, the way the chairs are set up, the open space in the middle, the fountain near by back of the court which follows up on big steps that people can sit on. Last and not least the bridge is the one that stands out even more so. The reason why is because when you are seating on those steps eating your lunch the things you see is what makes that route so beautiful to walk. Where you see people moving and being active and the most is you see the bridge behind it all which bring everything together and defines beauty.

In conclusion the route I took stands out to be beautiful. As well I know people will be excited to  get the same feeling as I did. Not only does the route care beauty it also cares a lot of other unique characteristics that are very noticeable.

Work Cited

Article #1: “Why Is Morning Walk Necessary in Today’s Life Style?” Beautiful Earth, 30 Aug. 2015, www.beautifullearth.com/why-is-morning-walk-necessary-in-todays-life-style/.

Why Is Morning Walk Necessary in Today’s Life Style?

Article #2: Delistraty, Cody C. “The Beauty-Happiness Connection.” The Atlantic, Atlantic Media Company, 15 Aug. 2014, www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2014/08/the-beautyhappiness-connection/375678/.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2014/08/the-beautyhappiness-connection/375678/

Article#3: Taylor, Alan. “The Beauty of Terraced Fields.” The Atlantic, Atlantic Media Company, 28 Sept. 2016, www.theatlantic.com/photo/2016/09/the-beauty-of-terraced-fields/502058/.

https://www.theatlantic.com/photo/2016/09/the-beauty-of-terraced-fields/502058/