My personal thoughts on project #2

I feel like America has a lot of problems that needs to be addressed and we are advancing at a point so fast that we are starting to understand somethings shouldn’t be praised as they are in current days society. Such as the Columbus statue being taken down. In recent discovery people are realizing what horrible things he has done to humanity. Society has become furious on the thought that this man should be idolized and I stand by them. In “Project #2: monument surveying” it’s said that mayor bill de Blasio called for an examination of the said monuments and is doing background checks on said statues to see if they are worthy of being memorialized. I believe that this project will test not only our skills but our morals on what shows how a person should be remembered and for what, many historical figures do tend to be just that, but making a monument to their name doesn’t necessarily mean they were a good person. a good example of this is an old movie called “Bill and Teds most excellent adventure” it brings all these historical figures in today world to see how they would react to it. now that people have advanced since then most world conquerors wouldn’t be taken seriously. monuments are an ode to those that made an advancement to society rather than just being historical figures. In a sense this project is also a history lesson in of itself and bringing the actions of these people to light is what society should do to show that people should be remembered for the good things they have brought to the future rather that of just a man who found someplace just to commit atrocities to a group of people and ruin their daily lives. that is why I believe that this project is not just a project is needed to see why are things named after what they are for what reason.