Project 1

I am currently a freshman attending the New York College Of Technology. I recently graduated in June from James Madison Hs and wanted to take a big step to brighten my future so i thought city tech would be the best option for a commuting college. In high school i wasn’t the type of person to do a lot of extra curricular activities. The most i did for extra curricular was take a guitar class and we used perform shows for the students/parents. I used to have a passion for playing electric guitar back then but i just don’t have the time for it anymore. My sign is Sagittarius and I think that is why i am so quiet and laid back.

My major is currently computer systems technology. I am currently am taking a remedial math class so i have a little bit more time to decide if i want to stay in the major i am taking or switch to another. I want to make the right decision so this predicament that i got myself into wasn’t bad after all. I originally wanted to take computer science or computer engineering but as you can see i am not that good in math… I apply myself but some things don’t come that natural to everyone.

I’ve been interested in this field for a long time. Computer systems was my backup major and it is actually pretty interesting. I really like the fact that you can choose the specific areas in the major that you like. Hopefully this journey towards success will be a good one. I honestly don’t know where ill be in 5 or 10 years but i will definitely have my associates or bachelors degree but I guess well have to wait and see.

I picked this picture because i feel like it represents me the most. If you don’t know already this is the Sagittarius sign. I love meeting new people but im very quiet at times and it takes me a while to get used to people. I feel like the picture/sign is responsible for my personality. For example if you look up the sign people say that we are very independent, dependable, etc. People also say that we are very cold and don’t like to express our feelings… I feel like the picture relates to my personality and how i act.

As i was writing this profile i kind of got to see the type of person i am in a different look i guess. But overall i want to become a successful person in the future and i want to always strive and prosper.

1 thought on “Project 1

1. Herson

Hi my name is Herson Mark Garcia and i’m currently a freshman at new york city college of technology. I graduated from flushing high school i wasn’t really the best student in high school i didn’t take school seriously i thought it was all a complete waste of time they weren’t teaching us things that would benefit us or we would need later on in life and they kept us there for an unnecessary amount of hours. I used to play football during my sophomore year and my freshman year i loved playing football but my injuries kept me off the field and after my sophomore year i decided to walk away which is something i still regret till this day. I am a very creative,imaginative person and i happen to space out a lot and get stuck in my own world i’m super friendly often told i’m charming i never take things seriously i believe that life too short to be taken seriously so enjoy every second and live to the fullest and make every situation a fun one even the bad ones and make as many laughable moments.

I love traveling with my friends going on adventures and taking pictures and watching sunsets and always being outside and i love superheros my favorite superhero is spider-man I love that guy and all of the movies i’m kinda a nerd when it comes to comics and superheros .When i was accepted by city tech i was shocked surprised i got in cause a kid with my grades yeahh……. But i was grateful to get accepted and i decided city tech is where i wanted to attend. And i made a promise to myself that college i would try my fullest and my hardest which is something i kept so far. Originally i wasn’t suppose to attend college i was gonna enlist in the navy with my uncle who is currently in the navy my mind was set on that for nearly a year until i realized i don’t wanna have a job where everyday my loved ones and my family and myself if imma be alive the next day or if it’s my last so i changed my mind and applied for colleges.

My goals for college is to get my associates degree in hospitality management and then switching to the institution of culinary education and getting a degree in culinary arts. I also plan staying on track on with all my hw classwork project and scoring high grades on my exams and finals and getting Bs and As as my final grade and managing to keep my job and stay in school.

I found my interest in culinary my junior year i kept watching these cooking videos and i would try to recreate these dishes but adding a little bit of my own touch i also start creating and mixing drinks that i think would match up and go good together one drink i made once was strawberry syrup with red bull and ginger ale that drink was awesome i also love meeting people and talking and making new friends i plan on moving to hawaii once again once i finish with all my college work.

I chose this picture as my avatar picture because it’s one of the only pictures which u will see my face clearly and you can see my hair because i’m usually am wearing a hat in my picture or my face isn’t clearly visible or noticeable or im facing away from the camera or i’m just staring into space or staring into the background. The current hair color i have isn’t my hair color by the way. I can say my profile picture represents me as a guy who loves wearing hats and i’m a serious guy which i’m not and i’m a self conceited guy cause i’m trying to show off my jawline which i sorta am.

My profile doesn’t say much about me only a few details and what i’m majoring in and what i want to achieve in college but then again i don’t expect my profile to have every detail and information about me