Filicia Hopkinson Journal Entry 6

October 9, 2015,
Decided to write another journal entry because, why not? I’m still working on my print portfolio, I’m still compiling a list of internships I might qaulify for and I’m still freaking out about not finding one yet. I’ve been thinking of whether I should just forgo the portfolio and just call every internship I have found and then work on it in between. However, the perfectionist (is that what I should call it?) in me won’t allow me to do it until I finish my appointed task. This might end up being a problem.
Between having bouts of, “I hate this, I hate this, how can I expect to do good work if I hate this” feelings, (yeah, it is going to be one of those journal entries analyzing my mind) and getting a pain behind my left eyeball that just won’t go away. I’m still wondering if this type of work is suited for me. In either case, I trudged along like a good little soldier until I realized the date. It was around the time I begun writing this, it’s October 9th and I still don’t have an internship. Part of me is terrified and the other part is just going “meh”.
It was in September that I started reworking my portfolio, initially I already had it completed by with the march of time, there are things that must be updated. A portfolio is as much alive as your resume when you are a job seeker. Now it’s October and I’m almost halfway done and my general feeling to that is…Meh.