Yuen Mai Wong – Blog #7

In my country, I just finished high school, and then found a job.   The first job was a sales person, my brother’s wife suggested me that I take it.  She said that I could do this business at anytime and anyplace; it gave me a lot of freedom.  The duty of the job was to sell insurance products to clients.  I knew that this was not a suitable job for me due to my character.  I do not want to deal with people.  I just want to work by myself.  However, she said that I should try it, because I did not know what I wanted.  So, I took the job and attended the class to learn their products.  I called my friends and clients to tell them that I would like to introduce the insurance products for them; and that maybe one of our products would be suitable for them.  Most of them knew that I wanted to sell a product to them. They said that they were very busy, and had no time to talk with me.  I really understood that they did not want to buy any insurance products from me.  I did not want to call them and bother them again because I too have had the same experience.

I remembered the first insurance that I bought from my friend. He called me many times, and I did not know how to refuse him.  Finally I bought the life insurance.  My mother said to me, if I do not want to buy, I should resist doing it.  I should not buy something that I do not want.  Even though I felt he was troublesome, I did not know how to refuse him directly.  It is not easy for me to do it.  I called my friends and customers, if they said that they did not have time and refused me several times, I knew I should stop.  I did not want to bother them.  If I do not want a person to treat me like that, I will not do it to them.   It is my personality.