Yuen Mai Wong – Blog #6

Computer, I hardly remember when the computer was invented.  A long time ago, maybe 1946, at the time, the computer was very heavy. Today, the technology is growing fast, we can carry our computer anywhere. Nowadays, most of the families have their computer at home.  I should say almost everyone owns computer or mobile device.   It becomes more and more popular and important to our society.  It is very useful and helpful in our daily lives.

On the internet, you can find programs or interesting things that you might want to learn. If you don’t know anything, you can go to internet to find out. We can use the computer to watch a movie or play a game.  You can find a lot of online games and play with other people on the computer.  It is fun.

I remember when the hurricane Sandy hit, it made the power cut off for one week at my home.  That whole week, I had nothing to do.  No electrical power, no internet, I could use computer. I discovered that life was boring.  I could not imagine that how I would passed the time without electronic devices.  At that time, I went to sleep at eight. I have never done that before.  It was because I had nothing to do. I could not do anything without the electronic devices.

Every day, I use the computer or mobile device. Electronic devices are very useful; they are part of my life.  I cannot imagine if one day the computers or mobile devices disappear, how it would be?