Journal #7 Stephanie Venegas

Last week was pretty rough. I know it is a part of my job to give whatever the client wants and make sure that they are happy. I fully understand that, but boy last week sucked. In the midst of finalizing the decals, I managed to get started on the bike shelf packaging.

When I arrived at the office, Mitch greeted me with his huge smile. He apologized for the workload and told me that he wants to compensate me for everything that I have done. He mentioned giving me a bike, which would be really cool. I started working on the shelf packaging while at the office when Mitch pulled out a list of corrections Wyatt didn’t mention in the emails. The dreaded decals have come back to haunt me. Thankfully, all of the corrections were for decals that were already made by the previous designer. The only corrections that needed to be made were resizing the decals and deleted backgrounds. As we were going through all of them, Mitch realized that one of the logos that was created a long time ago had a typo. Bicycle was spelled “bicyle.” It was a good thing he caught it because I preparing to send the files to the factory. Although it wasn’t my mistake, I still felt really bad. I felt responsible for not catching the typo which is part of my job. I think I didn’t double check because it was a preexisting logo, everything should have been good.

Once the corrections were made, the decals were sent to the factory. Finally! By the time I was done it was time for me to go to class. I have to finish the shelf packaging by the end of this week. I already have a pretty good idea of which direction I’m taking and I think its coming along great. We’ll see what the guys think once I’m done.

2 thoughts on “Journal #7 Stephanie Venegas

1. Josephine

That was a great recovery you did. You didn’t blow a gasket and kept your cool. Don’t worry you be surprised how many professionals can miss a mistake like that, apparently the previous person and their supervisor missed it too. Thank goodness you and Mitch saw that and corrected it. It goes to show you that you have an eye for detail, and because you had to resize the decal you was able to fix that problem and hopefully ship it off to the clients. Than on to bigger and better things in life.

2. Joel Mason

Josephine makes a very good point. We all make mistakes. The important thing is to learn from them and move on!

Professor Mason