Journal Entry 12- Latimel Rodriguez

This week I walked into internship and continued working on the posters for the fitness center in the school. I had thought that the last two were going to be it for this project, but Al told me to continue the third poster and complete it by the following day. It seemed like a lot of work and I explained that it would take me a couple of hours but he gave me the green light. I was excited at the same time because of a continuation and completion of the project kind of told me that he liked the first two and he possibly wanted to use my work for the school if he was asking me to complete the third one.  I got to it right away and it was the same process as the first two, the only difference was the color used. I used a black for the shadow and a icy blue for the mid tones.

Once I was done with the project he asked me to walk with him to the back of the studio, I stood above an “x” he had marked on the floor and just stood there. He was using this opportunity to put together some reference shots. Also this technique lets him adjust the lighting before a big shoot. In shorter words he won’t have to adjust the day of the shoot because he did it the day before. this process took about ten minutes which was neat because i finally got to stand up from my desk.

Once we finished, he asked me to return to my desk and bring him all the poster files, he asked me what I thought if we used the posters next semester. I simply said “it’s a smart idea”. We use them at the beginning of the semester and we can play around with them all through out the semester until December. Al didn’t give me any more projects for the day, even to take home which made me kind of happy, I can finally catch up on my work.

I still had about two hours to kill so I decided to use the time to cut a project I had in my portfolio, eat and look at poster inspiration on the internet. Just in case Al got the idea to give me another project.

Here’s an example of the project I completed for Al last week.

Screen Shot 2015-04-29 at 12.01.48 AM

2 thoughts on “Journal Entry 12- Latimel Rodriguez

1. Joel Mason

Dear Luigi,

I enjoyed reading this week’s entry. Not only because of what I learned, but also because your writing has improved. However, there are still some areas that need improvement. Here’s an example:

Once we finished, he asked me to return to my desk and bring him all the poster files, he asked me what I thought if we used the posters next semester. I simply said “it’s a smart idea”.

When we finished, Al asked me to bring him all the poster files. Then he asked what I thought if we used the posters next semester? I said “It’s a smart idea.”

In general, try to write shorter sentences. That way, you avoid run-on sentences which can be confusing.

Sincerely,

Professor Mason

2. Joel Mason

Dear Luigi,

Sincerely,

Professor Mason