Entry #8

Last week I had a very exciting task: to take pictures that will be featured on Nucleus, which is a quarterly magazine that portrays the work done by the Faculty Commons at City Tech. This edition of the magazine is going to feature, among other stories, the accomplishments by the Architecture department, in the Voorhees building. I went over there to photograph faculty and a few classrooms. The structure they have was impressive to me, I had no idea about all the 3D printing machines they have out there. The only class I’ve taken in the Voorhees building took place on the first floor.

Prof Jordan instructed me to take abstract pictures and have one of those be the cover of the magazine. There were so many interesting objects that the students were able to create with those machines. Most of those objects were made of paper using the laser cut machine, but there were also a few that were 3D printed.

I tried getting a broad range of photos, so I went around taking pictures from different angles, and exploring the bright sunlight that was coming in through the window. It was 1pm and sunny outside, so a lot of light was hitting the objects, thankfully.

I showed the pictures to Prof Jordan and she was very happy with the results. Now, we have to decide which ones we’re going to use. Some past editions of Nucleus feature one image as a spread for cover and back cover. Other editions have one photograph for each of those pages. This week, we should get a final decision on which ones to go with.