Amy Journal #2

Looking for the internship wasn’t as bad as I had thought it would be because I got lucky. Originally, I thought of giving SinoTelevision a call, but was too scared and afraid that it won’t fit my schedule because I also have a part time job, which I need to support myself. Another fear is that although I can speak Chinese, but I’m not fluent with it. I also went on to the internet to search for internships, but to no avail, a lot of them required much more experience than what I obtained so far or simply just too far away from where I live. I then started to ask my friends around and see if they knew of any company that is open on weekends for advertising. Luckily, one of my friends knew about a magazine company that was looking for internships as well and I got introduced. I wasn’t super excited over it since I was scared that I will be taken advantage of, but nonetheless it’s better than wasting time. I was immediately approved of the internship, but since it’s a Chinese magazine I don’t know if the Professor would allow it. Just to make sure, I went to the company and grabbed some of their magazines to see it’s acceptable for the Internship class. I will get his permission before starting the internship.