Blog Post #5 – Ahmad Woods

So a term that always mystified me was the Web 2.0. The phrasing suggests that one day the old internet or Web 1.0 got a massive overhaul and is now reborn as Web 2.0 over night. That clearly is not the case. After reading a wiki article on Web 2.0 I am now enlightened.  Web 2.0 is a platform that involves the user with the internet. What that refers to is the social media or a web where users are able to contribute to the web in many different. Network as platform

The video posted “social media in plain english” was very charming in it’s presentation.  The ice cream factory as an example to explain contributory media made it easy too understand. I used to underestimate the power tagging has but the video clued me into another purpose it may serve.

One response to “Blog Post #5 – Ahmad Woods

1. I too was mystified by the term Web 2.0; to be honest, before this I had never even heard of it. After reading the article my understanding of the term grew from an upgrade of the Internet — as if you were to update your iPhone to iOS6 — to now understanding that I use web 2.0 every other day to communicate and network with others. I’m also using it now while writing this comment on your blog post.

-Destiny Modeste