Week Eleven

Every episode needs a cover photo when posting about it on social media.

So, for this week, I was assigned to do just that.

When I first received the episode list, I was really excited to see all the topics that would be talked about on the podcast.

They really are planning on touching base on everything that women deal with. Obviously, not everyone is going to be able to relate in the same way, but on the episodes that you could relate to, I wanted to make sure that the first thing the listener saw when hearing about the podcast represented it correctly.

I also didn’t want to offend anyone in anyway. That’s why I think the imagery is so important, because I didn’t want to make the listener too sad or upset about it but rather feeling like they could relate to it and couldn’t want to actually listen to the episode themselves.

For example, one of the episodes I found particularly hard in finding an image of was infertility. Millions of women suffer of infertility globally. I’ve watched my loved ones go through that and I know it isn’t an easy topic to talk about- let alone be shown. I didn’t want to be insensitive to those women going through it by selecting the wrong image to represent the episode.

Immediately, the first image I thought of was before I even googled the word infertility itself.

Infertility Causes, Treatment and Support | Right as Rain by UW ...

This is a strong and powerful image that I knew would be a straightforward way to represent infertility but I was limited to using free stock photos and this was definitely not one- and not even a photograph like the rest that I created.

It’s such a strong image but with my restrictions I could only really use the image I felt was the most visually pleasing and relating closely to the topic at hand.

While the work has already been submitted, I would definitely go back to make sure all the pictures I chose for each episode is the perfect one.