Week Six

The website was a crucial part of the internship where I basically had to establish the flow of the design so I could continue on working on future projects pertaining to not only the site but other social media platforms.

Since the podcast hasn’t launched yet, a lot of the documents aren’t exactly prepared or polished enough to be ready to post for everyone to see. One of these documents is what my supervisor called the ‘pitch form’. This was basically a document that called out to women who may be interested in participating in the podcast.

This document told the viewer what the podcast was about, the issues discussed, a background of the host and how exactly they could apply to be a speaker on one of the episodes.

The content was all already there, it was just a matter of changing the design and making it more appealing to the person viewing the work.

One of the main things my supervisor wanted was a welcoming banner to be included on both pages. There wasn’t a banner at first so she thought a banner would be best to not only apply more color but to make the form pop more instead of just being a boring document.

For the banner, I wondered if it would be better to use a photograph or a vector. I felt like a photograph might be the way to go but then realized a vector or pattern might be more effective since I didn’t want the header to take the attention too much away from the actual words or purpose of the document.

International women pattern | Free Vector

Immediately, I thought of something simple like the image above. I wanted it to be clear that there were women in the image but, like with the photograph, I didn’t want the image to be the main focus. The viewer should get right away that the podcast is meant for women and I wanted the image to represent that.

As for the side banners, the basic premise had already been set by the supervisor. There were words and information highlighted about the podcast- I just wanted to make it more aesthetically pleasing and fitting with not only the body text but the rest of the brand identity.

Bebas Neue Font still doesn't work - Pre 1.8 Designer Bugs found ...

From the beginning of the internship, I was already using Bebas Neue. So, I made sure everything else in the document was using Bebas Neue as well. This included the side banners. I wanted everything to be clear and present and with this new font instead of the font that Microsoft word automatically set.

This new Pitch Form is meant to attract interested parties who not only would enjoy the podcast but like the thought of including their own voice to the podcasts for other listeners to hear too.