Week Ten

While nothing had been formally announced yet- or launched for that matter, my supervisor wanted to be prepared for everything graphics wise.

For this week, we continued to work on social media posts but this time it was for something different. For these graphics, she wanted to work on posts that would announce that a new episode was out.

Following the theme of photo-centric posts, I chose photos that would give more of a happy feeling than photos that may have been chosen based on what the text was saying.

Since the only text given to me for these posts was “new episode available”, I didn’t have to base the photos on that. In fact, I thought that ‘happy’ photos would be best because they would give the listener seeing the post excited seeing an equally excited woman in the image.

Excited Women Stock Photos - Download 45,748 Royalty Free Photos

Like with color, I wanted the images chosen to make the viewer of the post feel happy. So, I also made sure that the images were all bright and had vibrant colors. I also made sure they were woman of different race in order to continue to represent everyone in the community instead of just sticking to the same woman you see all the time in magazines or on the runway.

That was a very important point brought up by my supervisor. She created the podcast for that very reason- to show representation and diversity.

As for the text, I stuck to the font Bebas Neue, like I have been for every other work I created for the podcast. It was important to me that it matches and that it doesn’t seem too out of place from anything else- even if it is just a quick Instagram story post they may never see again.

It was especially important to me for the instagram posts since that would directly link the listener to the podcast episode itself.

I think everything worked out nicely and I was able to create multiple posts that all varied in images and style but still worked well if put all together.