Homework Due Wed. Oct. 13th
**NO CLASS MONDAY**
- Read “Is Google Making Us Stupid” by Nicholas Carr and write response to the questions in a comment below.
- What did you think of this text? Explain! Don’t worry if you don’t like it, you won’t hurt my feelings! Be honest!
- What is it mostly about? Write a 2-3 sentence summary. Be specific. Refer to the text itself. Use quotes even!
- What is the genre of the text? What is the tone?
- Who do you think is the intended audience of the piece? Who is meant to read this text?
- What do you think is the purpose of this text? Why do you think the author wrote it?
- So what does Carr think, is Google making us stupid? How does he explain it?
- Now what do you think? Do you agree or disagree?
2. Find 2 sources for Project 2. Prepare to share key information in class. Write down your sources in a comment below. Make sure to write the COMPLETE bibliography information for the source if you can!
3. Look carefully over our discuss on how to come up with strong research questions. Do some brief background research on your topic. Maybe read the Wikipedia page on your topic or see what Google says when you first search your topic (these will not be your sources or your information, but will help you get thinking!) Think about using who, what, where, when, why and how to help you get your questions started. Remember the questions cannot be too broad or too specific. They should help you figure out where you are going to go with your research! As you come up with questions, write at least 5 of your research questions on this form!
Research QuestionsCome up with 5-8 Research Questions for your project!