Eng. 1101 – English Composition 1 – 0100 – Fall 2021 – Coleman

active 19 hours, 50 minutes ago
Eng. 1101 - English Composition 1 - 0100 - Fall 2021 - Coleman
English
1101

A course in effective essay writing and basic research techniques including use of the library. Demanding readings assigned for classroom discussion and as a basis for essay writing. Every City Tech (and CUNY) student takes Composition I, which features reading and writing assignments that will help prepare you for college and beyond. Together we will work on communicating effectively, building an argument, adapting your writing for different needs and situations, interpreting and responding to a text, incorporating and citing secondary source material. We will be reading pieces both for their inherent literary and informational value and also as models for our own writing projects. Sharing your own ideas and experiences and adding your voice to our discussions will enrich our class community.

This course may be cloned by logged-in faculty. It has been cloned or re-cloned 1 time; view clones.

Acknowledgements: This course is based on the following course(s):

Module 1 Reflection

Write a 250 Word Reflection on Module 1. Please include the word count on the top of the page. […] See MoreModule 1 Reflection

Week 2 - Mon. Aug. 30th

Read “All Writing Is Autobiography” by Donald Murray.  Write a response to the questions belo […] See MoreWeek 2 - Mon. Aug. 30th

Week 9 - Mon. Oct. 25th

Homework For EACH SOURCE, find at least one direct quote from the author that you feel […] See MoreWeek 9 - Mon. Oct. 25th

the sources that I found had a lot in common for example in the first summary talks about the […] See More

This article wasn't an easy read but was still had a good message behind it. the passage is […] See More

the article was very new and informative to me, I enjoyed it very much. I hadn’t ever known a […] See More

Sorry, there were no discussion topics found.