COMD3504 - Section OL69 - Spring 2022

Maria Iacono – Discussion 6

Here is my essay recording link. I said in the recording that the design was created in 1970 but the diagram says 2008. Throughout my research it gave me different years in which it was created like 1970, 2008, and 2012. I just stuck with 1970 as it was stated that way on the MoMa website.

Also the link might have you download the recording but hopefully not!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ij2BaZtp3dy7s6UHi8nZd-EihKbwhBsO/view?usp=sharing

1. Sadman Hafiz

This was a very interesting design to write about and you provided many beneficial information that helped me understand the different elements of it.
    And that cow was cute 🙂

2. Iqra Bhatti

Hello, Maria 
    You chose an interesting design for your essay. The design I choose to write about has a similar issue with the years.  I did learn
    something new from your essay. 

3. Angela Iacono

Really interesting hearing about how you already connected to Massimo Vignelli’s work. Great work on the theories as well!

4. Gloria Rosario

Hi,

I chose the same design for my peer and I feel the same way about Massimo Vignelli. I been studying his work for a while now..I really enjoyed your video and your explanation on why you chose this design.

5. Simonlei

We’ve all seen the subway diagram at one point in our lives and never really thought about how it came to be and the details behind it. So having you present something that was an after thought to native New Yorkers is a great chose. Really enjoyed it! Thanks

6. Guen Fung

Yeah, I agree that the design is simple. It doesn’t take long to glance at a map when I used one in the past. On top of that it is accessable to everyone, as there is one in the station and one in every cart on the train.