COMD3504 - Section OL69 - Spring 2022

Angela Iacono-Discussion 6

Here is the link to my video, I chose the Lake Placid poster created by Robert Madden in 1979 for the Winter Olympic Games in 1980!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ITHxszn-jOY_BSP-rwqtI7ULZfAlb0SY/view?usp=sharing

1. Iqra Bhatti

Hi Angela. Thank you for sharing this piece of design. It was great learning about it.

2. Simonlei

First off I have to mention how in dept you went in without overwhelming me with details. The piece you chose is one ive never seen before, but has a simplistic and visually appeal design.

3. Guen Fung

I enjoy that the interpret part of the poster, makes you have your own thoughts about it. It’s more of an unity feeling from my part at looking at an Olympic poster.

4. Lin Chao Chao

When I first saw this poster, I was wondering why this Olympic poster is not in the colors of the Olympic rings (blue, black, red, yellow, and green). Looking at it now, I just realized that this is the color of CMYK and the primary color we need for printing. Just like a team, each color is indispensable. It’s also like the Olympic spirit.