COMD3504 - Section OL69 - Spring 2022

Simon Lei – Week 4 Discussion

When creating a manifesto its important to understand that you’re creating a declaration thats balanced

Understanding the work – As we all know art has power, as designers its important for us to understand that what we create can have an impact. Its important that before we share our work, we must understand what we are presenting.

Confidence – No matter how you look at your work, be confident enough to present what you created. Art like water has no form, its form is what we make it out to be. Believe in what you formed.

Passion – In order for you to continue loving all aspects of art, we must wake up ready to create and not to dread doing what we love.

Connection – As designers its important for us to create connections, whether its for business purposes or engaging within the art community.

1. Gloria Rosario

hi,

These are very good points to considered and they are all very important. I really like what you said about confidence because there will be positive and negative comments from people and confidence helps a lot to deal with criticism.

2. Lin Chao Chao

Hi, I think the confidence you mentioned is very important. If designers are not confident in their own designs, why should others like your designs? Only by being confident in your own design can you create a better design, and even if only a small number of people like it, it can prove that your design is worthy of respect.

3. Ebony Derrick

I agree with you, I think having or creating connections can help you get really far and become really successful more ways than one.