COMD3504 - Section OL69 - Spring 2022

Discussion 4b: New Manifestos

Containing action points for your own manifesto.

• Designers should be proud of what they’ve accomplished.

You should be pleased with the work you produce as a designer. While working on a design for hours, we as designers sometimes just submit it and don’t take the time to appreciate it. Seeing your work in action on a daily basis, whether it’s a website you designed or not, can be both gratifying and motivating.

• A designer appreciates constructive criticism.

It’s difficult to receive comments on your work, especially if it’s a creative project into which you’ve invested a lot of time and effort. As a designer, we’ll look at how to deal with creative criticism. It’s critical to understand how to interpret comments so that you can improve in the future. Accepting criticism improves your design skills.

• Designers should be able to show off their creative abilities.

When it comes to firework creativity, we as designers might often be limited. Working for a company, in particular. You must adhere to certain guidelines and specifications. However, as designers, I see content as a means of expressing our creativity.

1. Sadman Hafiz

You make a great point about receiving comments. It really is hard for us as designers to take negative criticism on works that put so much time and effort but it’s just another part of design. Taking comments and trying to improve based on it increases both our knowledge and skills.

2. Simonlei

Andrew I have to say that reading your manifesto was enlightening. Seeing that the central idea for what you believe in is all about having the freedom to create and the benefit of having criticism, all to better yourself.

3. Gloria Rosario

HI,

I think that 3 points you made are very good because I think in order to make good design, these are very important to consider and very helpful. I also agree with what you said about as a designer is very gratifying and motivating to see your work get better and developing new skills.