About Fabrice Douillard

My father is an electrical technician who is the first person to inspire me. He always encourages me to assist him at work in order to learn new things. From his drive, I have learned how to appreciate hard work and as a result have become a person who has enthusiasm, ambition, perseverance and integrity. However, my school has taught me how to appreciate group work. I perform at my fullest potential in group setting. I can truly say that my performance is at its peak when I am a part of a group. School has also made me enjoy tutoring others to assist them in become excellent students. Regardless at the position I hold, leader, tutor, or organizer. I never fail to amaze myself and others. Collaborating is what I enjoy the most when it comes to team work. During the Moody’s Math Challenge (a high school statewide Math competition held on April 2011), I worked with my peers to solve the Colorado River’s evaporation issue. I functioned as the data specialist. My portion was added to the writing and the derivation of formulas by other students to create our final work. Once again, my success was dependent on others successes. I understand in life “no man is an island”. It takes my greatness combined with others to breed success. I can also define success as being able to assist others at school, I am known for tutoring my classmates for regents’ exams and in class tests. I believe that if I am capable, then I should share my capabilities to increase others. Alexander Graham Bell was of the same philosophy. Bell considered his most famous invention an intrusion on his real work as a scientist. I am a thinker by the idea to incorporate my talents considered as gifts like math, science, athlete as being thinker outside of the box.

In-Class Group Project Experience (PREZI)

Today in class, each group was assigned to work on a presentation within a small amount of time. As a member of my group working on “College Rankings” topic, I did enjoy the experience while giving my participation to the work that had to be done.

As we worked on the presentation, by using Prezi, we found some difficulties. Many of us are basically used to Power Point. A short tutorial was shown in class, but it was not enough for us to start using Prezi right away.  We still had to learn more about some details from it since it is new to us. We had to figure out how to use some basic features that could take us few seconds to achieve if we were using Power Point. Fitzpatrick and I spent more then 5 minutes figure out how to make a sentence in bold, center it then make it in a bigger font. We finally left it in a very simple way and moved on since the time was very short.  As a result, must of us did not finish what we started to work on.

From this small presentation, even though the groups did not get to the ending point as planned, I still learned a lot of things. This experience made this morning, on a simple presentation, makes me feel the pressure that even professionals are experiencing when working in-group or individually in a very small amount of time. Few examples would be the people who work as movie crews, also those working in television or radio stations. This experience was very worth and interesting to me and also  helped me understand how difficult things-that may appear to be easy for some people –are.

College by The Numbers-Our Knowledge

We know that a group of colleges considered as “top colleges or universities” such as NYU, NYU Polytech, Harvard University, YALE, MIT, Standford University and so on… Since many  popular engineers, doctors, technicians are from those institutions who have high credibility, we believe that supporting the idea that they are considered “top colleges or universities” is considerable.  But that is all we know as we are not fairly familiar with the college rankings in the country.

Fabrice Douillard

Carlos Oreza

Fritzpatrick Phillips

Business Letter to Cablevision

Optimum Online, Cablevision

164 20th St #1

Brooklyn, NY 11232

(718) 788-0372

Fitzpatrick Phillips, Manager

September 16, 2012

Dear Mr. Fitzpatrick Phillips,

I am a Optimum’s customer since a good time until today. I am writing this letter to  express special appreciations towards the service that was provided to me last week after I recently moved to a new apartment.

One week ago I moved to a new apartment, after notifying the customer service about my  plan, very intelligently, they appointed me a day for uninstallation. With respect of time, the technicians came and did all they had to do in order to disconnect my whole system. Gently and with respect they came once more to my new address then made all the installations in a very short amount of time. They even took their time to explain me certain details that I should understand which will allow me  to fix things by myself in case of  a problem and before I contact the customer service. The installation went very smooth and quick.

Once again I want to thank you for your good management and for the service that Cablevision is providing to all its customers while being sincere each time. I am actually enjoying watching television, using the phone without forgetting the fast Internet that is offered in one package for a very affordable price.

Yours Sincerly,

Fabrice Douillard

Optimum’sCustomer

Info-Intro

Many people have a specific way they prefer to share or receive information. Some of them feel more comfortable to actually let people hear their voice, others are getting away as possible from talking in front of a group. In my case, communicating electronically  makes me have more confidence to share all I need to explain. I usually email what I need to share in a way  I can easily take my time to formally write with precaution which allows me to revise over and over before sending the final copy.

Fabrice Douillard

PB&J (Revised)

Here is the steps for making a PB&J:

1) Get 2 slices of the most preferred bread fresh from the fridge !

2) Put them on a plate

3) Grab the jelly jar and also the peanut butter one plus a knife

4) One at a time, open the jars then spread each one on each slice  as needed.

5) Close the jars, clean the knife then put them back at their respective place

6) Finally, stick both slices of bread together then Enjoy !

Fabrice Douillard

Short Introduction

Hello,

My name is Fabrice Douillard, as a sophomore, majored in Computer Information System, I am proud to be a CITYTECH’s student since I entered the school. As a sophomore , I have tried my best to pass all my classes with lot of efforts since day one. I feel very happy to be in this English class surrounded by new faces. I am ready to do my best and pass this class with honesty and respect.

PB&J

Making a PB&J sandwich

1.- Grab the peanut butter and jelly containers from the fridge

2.-Get a plate and a knife

3.-Get the bread bag then open it

4.-Take out 2 slices of bread

5.-Open the peanut butter jar

6.-Take and spread a sufficient quantity of peanut butter on  a slice of bread

7.-Close the peanut butter jar

8.-Open the jelly jar

9.-Take and spread a sufficient quantity of jelly on  the other slice of bread

10.-Close the jelly jar

11.-Stick both slices together then enjoy the delicious PB&J sandwich !