PreZi Presentation

For the first time, i tried using a new presentation interface. Prezi was a wierd and unusual experience for me. I am one of those users, that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. I usually use Microsoft Powerpoint for my presentations. In Prezi, the outline and format was confusing. The frames and objects were all over the place. People say that powerpoints are simple and boring and usually have a lot of writing. I like the their format better because its easy to just place objects and text and go straight to a new slide. While the visual on Prezi looks better because everything is seen in one frame and you know what to expect, you can have enough ideas on one slide in powerpoint, then go to the next one. It was alittle tough organizing our ideas on Prezi because we were new to this concept. In powerpoint, you can move slides with the click of a point. This presentation wasn’t a total loss. My group and I were able to have good visuals and we learned to try something new.

A Better Approach to Presidential Debates

Mohammed Alam, Jaleel Robinson, Behistym Cabrera

1. Alan Schroeder, “Not Perfect, but They Serve a Purpose”. The New York Times

www.nytimes.com October 3, 2012. Web

The main idea of the article states that debates is to allow voters to observe the candidates live in a different environment under pressure similar to a job interview.

2. Ruzwana Bashir, “Television Debates Are Antiquated”. The New York Times

www.nytimes.com October 3, 2012. Web

The power of real debate is in the language and intellectual honesty of the debates, alongside the engagement of spectators.

3. Kathleen Hall Jamieson, “Post-Debate Reporting Could Be Improved”. The New York Times

www.nytimes.com October 3, 2012. Web

The main idea of this article is that we shouldn’t attack the candidate’s statements, but hear what they have to say, and learn from their style of governing. History reminds us that presidents do try to keep most of their campaign promises.

4. Marion Just, “Reverse the Traditional Format”. The New York Times

www.nytimes.com October 3, 2012. Web

The main idea of this article states that there should be a format whereby candidates have more time to present their ideas and facts to persuade undecided voters.

5. Jon Snow, “Moderators Must Not Be Subservient”. The New York Times

www.nytimes.com October 3, 2012. Web

U.S. presidential debates are game changers. The questions that are asked in presidential debates are irrelevant to the concerns of the public.

6. Michael I Norton, Todd Rodgers, “A Way to Stop the Dodges”. The New York Times

www.nytimes.com October 3, 2012. Web

The main idea of this article is that when politicians dodge questions in interviews, they think that we will think negatively of them.

7. Diane B. Carlin, “The Most Valuable Form of Communication”. The New York Times

www.nytimes.com October 3, 2012. Web

The main idea of this article states that debates provides the opportunity to evaluate the candidates side-by-side on the same topic and also provides the opportunity to evaluate the candidate’s personality and character in a pressured environment.

8. Mark Goodman, “Why the Town Hall Format Is Best”. The New York Times

www.nytimes.com October 3, 2012. Web

The main idea of this article is that since many voters are looking to the candidates, the town hall debate format may be a more validate forum because real people asks real questions.

9. Nancy Snow, “Lose the Moderator”. The New York Times

www.nytimes.com October 3, 2012. Web

The main idea of this article is the presidential debates should eliminate the moderator and give the audience a format that allows them to really listen to a conversation between these two candidates. If a moderator is used, he or she should adopt a format that makes the president and the president’s challenger engage in a dialogue.

business letter

Apple

Tim Cook, CEO

1 Infinite Loop
Cupertino, CA 95014
408.996.1010

09/15/2012

Dear Mr. Tim Cook,

I am a long time Apple customer starting from when you had Macintosh computers. I have always been satisfied with the products your company sold until now. Your latest product which consumers have been long awaiting, the Iphone 5, is a complete duplicate of the Iphone 4. Your company has not fulfilled its promise to revolutionize the next generation phone.

We as customers and supporters of your company were expecting something different. Your business strategy might be great for business, but it is not fair for us. We pay hundreds of dollars and feel so overwhelmed when your latest products come out, and Apple fails to live to its reputation. The camera for instance, is still the same and hasn’t gotten any better. The 8 megapixel camera was on Android phones long before the Iphone finally got it on their devices. The phones are finally on a 4G network, but the internet is still slow and I personally see no difference since I am an everyday web user. The battery life is supposed to get better, but I still end up losing charge in the middle of the day. Apple needs to understand, if we have a phone that does so many things like play games, listen to music, browse the web, and multitask on the phone, that we will definitely take advantage of all this. They need to give us a long lasting battery.

Why should we make your company rich if we are not profiting ourselves at the end of the day? Your job should be to give the consumers what they want. Samsung has successfully done that and that is why a lot of customers have switched mobile devices. I still haven’t given up on you and believe you can make this happen. I am not looking for compensation, but do expect better from a company who I have supported and watched grow for many years. I hope you don’t continue to disappoint.

Yours truly,

Mohammed Alam

632 Ocean Pkwy

Brooklyn, NY 11230

How i like to make my PB&J sandwich (Revised)

The peanut butter and jelly sandwich or PB&J is a sandwich, popular in North America, that includes a layer of peanut butter and either jam or jelly on bread, commonly between two slices, but sometimes eaten open-faced or with one slice folded over.

To enjoy this delight, you will need the following:

• 2 slices of bread (Good for one sandwich)
  • Peanut Butter
  • Jelly or Jam( Grape Jelly preferred)
  • Spreading Knife
  • Spoon
  • Toaster
  • Dinner Plate
  • Kitchen knife

Take 2 slices of bread and place in the toaster slots for about 1:30 minutes. This should make the bread hard so that when you put the peanut butter on the bread, it won’t break.

1. Place the heated slices of bread on a plate. Open up the bottle of peanut butter and take the spreading knife.
  2. Take the peanut butter on the spreading knife from the bottle and spread as much as you can onto one piece of bread until the whites of the bread are covered with peanut butter.
  3. Place the covered bread on a plate and put away the spreading knife.
  4. Open up the grape jelly jar and take a spoon to put jelly on the second slice of bread.
  5. Take some jelly and spread it around with the bottom of the spoon. When the whites of the bread are covered, place the slice on top of the first slice that is covered with the peanut butter.
  6. Dispose of the spreading knife and spoon in the sink.
  7. If you like the sandwich the way it is, you are ready to eat. If not, take a kitchen knife and cut in half diagonally or vertically and you have yourself a sandwich ready to eat.
  8. Dispose of the kitchen knife carefully because it is sharp.

info-intro

There are many different ways of sending information and receiving information today. Before technology became modernized, we used to send postal mail to or postcards to whoever we needed to send information too. Now times became easier and with the click of a button the message gets delivered. I used to send information and receive information by either telephone calls or in person. Now we have social media sites known as Facebook and Myspace and we can send and receive info there. I also have an unlimited texting plan so i casually sent text messages to all my friends if i want to know something or just say hello.

self intro

hello everyone, my name is mohammed alam. this is my 4th year in city tech although i don’t know how time went by so fast. i like this college because it is very diverse. i decided to go here because it falls in my 20 minute travel criteria. i am a computer information systems major and enjoy the classes that im taking throughout my time here. i don’t know if im going to pursue a career in it, but its always good to have the degree. i am looking forward to a great semester and this class seems fun and hands on.

How i like to make my PB&J sandwich

First i like to toast my bread. The bread doesn’t have to be toasted all the way, just a little heated so i can add the peanut butter and not break the bread. I give it about 1 minute in the toaster because i am super impatient. Next I grab the knife and take some peanut butter and spread it all over the first slice of bread. After I cover up the whole slice of bread, I then take a spoon and go for the jelly. I prefer a spoon because the jelly is slippery and causes a mess. I spread the jelly all over the second slice of bread and when i’m done, i put the two slices together and i’m ready to eat.